Boy, 17, stabbed in the stomach in Ilford
- Credit: Archant
A 17-year-old boy has been hospitalised after being stabbed in the stomach in Ilford.
Police officers were called by the London Ambulance Service (LAS) to reports of a stabbing on Henley Road at 2.07pm yesterday (May 10).
There they found a 17-year-old boy who had suffered a stab wound to the abdomen.
Paramedics took him to an east London hospital where his injuries have been deemed not to be life-threatening or life-changing.
A boy in his mid-to-late teens was arrested nearby on suspicion of grevious bodily harm.
You may also want to watch:
He has since been released under investigation.
Enquiries continue as officers from East Area Command Unit investigate.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 4 Waste reduction campaign launches with Redbridge fifth largest rubbish producer in England
- 5 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 6 Wanstead Market set to re-open
- 7 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 8 Music from Jessie J and Olly Murs to feature in new musical in Romford
- 9 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 10 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
Less than three hours later a man in his 30s was hospitalised with multiple stab wounds following an incident in Wanstead Park Avenue which is not believed to be linked.
Anyone who witnessed this incident or has information but has not yet come forward to police should call East Area Command on 101, tweet @MetCC or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.