Boy, 16, robbed of phone in brutal Goodmayes attack
A 16-year-old boy was brutally attacked and robbed of his mobile phone on Friday.
The teenager was riding his bike to meet some friends in Goodmayes Park when five boys, aged around 16, came up from behind parked cars and made him get off his bike in Arberdour Road, Goodmayes.
He was punched and kicked while on the floor and his phone was taken.
He managed to get up and cycle away, throwing small coins at his attackers to stop them following him.
The group picked up the money and left the boy to cycle away.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “The victim was left very shaken after the ordeal.”
One of the boys police are looking for in connection with the attack and theft was wearing a Lonsdale hoodie, Nike trainers and Reebok jogging bottoms.
- 1 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 5 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 6 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 7 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 8 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 9 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 10 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
He also had his left eyebrow cut in two places.
Anyone with information should call Det Con Bev Tarrell on 020 8345 2680.