Borough marks Armed Forces Day with veterans’ parade
- Credit: Archant
The borough’s soldiers were saluted at an annual celebration.
Residents turned out for Armed Forces Day, which occurred on Saturday but was marked by Redbridge yesterday.
It recognises members of the armed forces, reserve forces and cadet forces, as well as veterans.
The borough’s veterans’ parade, led by the Honourable Artillery Company Band, began at 10.45am in High Road, Ilford, and made its way towards Redbridge Town Hall.
An inspection by the mayor, Cllr Ashley Kissin, followed, as did speeches.
You may also want to watch:
See this week’s Recorder for more coverage on the occasion.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 8 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 9 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 10 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan