Boris Johnson is “an icon” - says Redbridge Tory councillor
- Credit: Archant
A Redbridge Conservative councillor has praised the Mayor of London’s impact on the capital.
Mr Johnson visited Gants Hill on Tuesday to help drive the Tory election bid.
Speaking to supporters and journalists, Mr Johnson said he felt Redbridge Council was “well-led” by council leader Keith Prince, before addressing Ed Miliband’s pledge on housing made in Barkingside last week.
Cllr Paul Canal called Mr Johnson “an icon” before going onto say the Mayor of London was recognised more by the public than David Cameron.
“He is the most popular politician in western Europe,” said Cllr Canal. “He manages to attract support from across any ethnic group and he is one of the few politicians who can reach out to any community.”
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Mr Canal also added the Tory election manifesto, which focuses on building a new swimming pool, cutting crime in the borough -and expanding schools, was “thorough, detailed and compelling.”
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 8 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals