Body of woman found in River Roding near Redbridge roundabout
The body of a woman was found yesterday in the River Roding near the Redbridge roundabout.
Police were called at 1.25pm by a member of the public to a report of a body floating in the river.
Officers and London Ambulance Service attended the scene and the body was recovered from the water.
Enquiries are underway to establish the woman’s identity and a post-mortem is due to take place at East Ham mortuary today.
Officers are not treating the death as suspicious at this early stage.
You may also want to watch:
An inquest will open and adjourn in due course.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Panel finds ex-police officer would have been sacked for neighbour comments
- 7 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 8 Dispersal order issued ahead of fears over ‘illegal music events’
- 9 Woman and children treated for smoke inhalation after Ilford flat fire
- 10 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest