Body of woman found in River Roding near Redbridge roundabout
The body of a woman was found yesterday in the River Roding near the Redbridge roundabout.
Police were called at 1.25pm by a member of the public to a report of a body floating in the river.
Officers and London Ambulance Service attended the scene and the body was recovered from the water.
Enquiries are underway to establish the woman’s identity and a post-mortem is due to take place at East Ham mortuary today.
Officers are not treating the death as suspicious at this early stage.
You may also want to watch:
An inquest will open and adjourn in due course.
- 1 Chigwell rabbi hospitalised after 'unprovoked and cowardly attack'
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 4 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 5 Police meet with Jewish communities after attack on rabbi in Chigwell
- 6 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 7 Two men arrested on suspicion of GBH following hospitalisation of rabbi
- 8 Man tried to become comic book character by stabbing teen in park toilets
- 9 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 10 Clayhall pupils grill Matt Hancock and Dominic Raab