Body of ‘teenage boy’ found in Woodford Green, five people arrested
The body of a man, believed to be a that of a teenage boy, has been found in Woodford Green.
He was pronounced dead at around 10.40pm yesterday after police were called to reports of a body off Chigwell Road, close to Broadmead Playing Fields.
Four men and a woman – two aged 20, one 19, one 26 and one 29 – were arrested near the scene and remain in custody at various east London police stations.
Detectives say they believe they know the identity of the dead man, who is thought to be aged 18, but are waiting for formal identification and notifying next of kin.
A post-mortem examination will take place tomorrow in Walthamstow.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said: “At this early stage it is believed an altercation took place that led to the victim’s death.
“Officers are appealing for anyone who saw anything suspicious, in particular a blue Fiat Punto in Courtland Close or activity near the bridge in Chigwell Road (close to the Jet petrol station) from Sunday evening through to Monday night.”
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 4 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
An incident room has been opened at the Homicide and Serious Crime Command under Det Ch Insp John Sandlin.
Anyone with information is asked to call 020 8345 3865, or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.