Body found on train track by Chadwell Heath station
Trains heading to Shenfield are unable to stop at Chadwell Heath or Goodmayes stations after the body of a man was found next to the track.
The body was found at 2.40pm today, causing disruption as trains were unable to stop from 3.50pm while police carried out an investigation.
Officers do not yet know the name or age of the man, who was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics.
A spokesman for the British Transport Police said: “BTP were called to the line close to Whalebone Lane South, Dagenham, following a report of a body on the tracks.
“BTP and Essex Police officers attended the incident, which was reported to police at 2.40pm and is currently being treated as unexplained.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “Officers are currently working to establish the identity of the man involved and establish the circumstances surrounding his death.”
National Express East Anglia are advising passengers for Goodmayes and Chadwell Heath to change at Ilford or Romford and use the 86 bus route.
- 1 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 6 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 7 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 8 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 9 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
Their website warns of “short notice alterations, cancellations and delays of up to 15 minutes.”
The disruption comes as thousands of commuters prepare to travel home on the line from Liverpool Street.
Anyone with information is asked to contact British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40 quoting incident number 299 of 04/01/2011.