Body found in woodland in Redbridge formally identified as missing man Christopher Simmons
- Credit: Archant
The body found in woodland in Redbridge has been formally identified as missing man Christopher Simmons.
Police discovered the 50-year-old’s body near Roding Lane South on Friday.
Mr Simmons had been missing since last Tuesday, when he left his home in the road to go for a walk.
His family have been informed.
A spokesman for Redbridge police said officers are not treating the death as suspicious and enquiries are ongoing.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination is yet to have taken place.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 Sikh volunteer group hands out food to celebrate International Langar Week
- 5 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 6 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 9 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 10 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses