Body found in hunt for missing man Christopher Simmons
A body has been found in the hunt for a missing 50-year-old man from Ilford.
Christopher Simmons has been missing since last Tuesday when he left his home address in Roding Lane South to go for a walk.
Police discovered a body in a wooded area near Roding Lane South, Redbridge, on Friday.
A spokesman for Redbridge police said officers believe they know the identity of the man and his family have been informed.
Formal identification and a post-mortem examination are yet to have taken place.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said officers are not treating the death as suspicious and enquiries are ongoing.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 8 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan