Bishop of Exeter to return to St Margaret’s parish in Ilford
- Credit: Archant
The Bishop of Exeter, a former Wanstead High School pupil, will be coming to Ilford to celebrate a church’s centenary on Sunday.
Bishop Robert Atwell grew up in the parish, attended the Sunday school at St Margaret’s Church, Balfour Road, Ilford, and later sang in the church choir.
Earlier this month he was enthroned at Bishop of Exeter.
Father Stephen Pugh, the parish priest of St Margaret’s, said: “We are really excited and thrilled Bishop Robert will be spending St Margaret’s Day with us.
“The service will be one of the highlights of our year.
You may also want to watch:
He also added: “It is good that a former parishioner, now a Bishop, will be returning to spend the day with us.”
Bishop Atwell will be coming to preach and celebrate the Eucharist at 10.30am.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals
- 8 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan