Bijou Salon in South Woodford offered free haircuts to raise money for charity
A South Woodford hair and beauty salon which opened seven months ago has held what it hopes will become an annual fundraising event.
The Bijou Salon in Electric Parade let all customers visiting yesterday have free haircuts and beauty treatments in return for making donations to the Helen Rollason Cancer Charity and mental health charity Mind.
Visitors took advantage by getting blow drys, nail paintings and waxings and �610 was raised.
Manager Kathyrn McAuliffe said: “We were busy all day. “We had a lot of people walking in and donating and we had a fantastic response.”
A raffle was held and �5 strips of tickets are still available until Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
The Wonder Room, a South Woodford business run by designer Sabah Mir, donated two shawls as prizes and The Bloom Bar flower shop in High Road, South Woodford, gave a bouquet.
The Morello restaurant in High Road, South Woodford, provided a �30 voucher and food company Eat gave a book of �20 vouchers.
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 6 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 7 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 8 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 9 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 10 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
Ms McAuliffe said: “We wanted to reach out to the local community.
“That’s why we did two charities that are in the area. “The cancer charity has a second hand shop in George Lane and Mind is in Stratford.”
Customers can also buy �5 Helen Rollason balloons which contain tickets for different �10 treatments or hair cuts.