Bijou Salon in South Woodford offered free haircuts to raise money for charity
A South Woodford hair and beauty salon which opened seven months ago has held what it hopes will become an annual fundraising event.
The Bijou Salon in Electric Parade let all customers visiting yesterday have free haircuts and beauty treatments in return for making donations to the Helen Rollason Cancer Charity and mental health charity Mind.
Visitors took advantage by getting blow drys, nail paintings and waxings and �610 was raised.
Manager Kathyrn McAuliffe said: “We were busy all day. “We had a lot of people walking in and donating and we had a fantastic response.”
A raffle was held and �5 strips of tickets are still available until Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
The Wonder Room, a South Woodford business run by designer Sabah Mir, donated two shawls as prizes and The Bloom Bar flower shop in High Road, South Woodford, gave a bouquet.
The Morello restaurant in High Road, South Woodford, provided a �30 voucher and food company Eat gave a book of �20 vouchers.
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new café in Redbridge
- 4 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 5 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 6 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 7 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 8 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 9 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 10 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
Ms McAuliffe said: “We wanted to reach out to the local community.
“That’s why we did two charities that are in the area. “The cancer charity has a second hand shop in George Lane and Mind is in Stratford.”
Customers can also buy �5 Helen Rollason balloons which contain tickets for different �10 treatments or hair cuts.