Big screens in Ilford ready for Opening Ceremony as entertainers come to town
Flying acrobats, lively vegetables and a man who turns into a fountain will visit Ilford this afternoon to celebrate the start of the Olympic Games.
The Showtime event in Ilford Town Centre, High Road, is part of the Mayor of London Presents programme across the capital, and will see The Bureau of Silly Ideas’ troupe come dressed as acrobatic road workers to combine high jinks with flying cones.
And the Vegetable Nannies’ interactive show including a cast of vegetable characters will help children to learn about their greens.
The Spurting Man is billed as a “classic and hilarious slice of British street theatre” which sees man become fountain backed by the notes of Ravel’s Bolero.
Les Grooms will provide music and comedy called Fanfare Tout Terrain and the 3rdThought theatre company perform poems, stories and jokes.
You may also want to watch:
The six-hour event will run from 4-9pm, the start time of the Olympic Opening Ceremony in Stratford.
The Showtime tour is going to every London borough combining British street artists with international performers.
- 1 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 6 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 7 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 8 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 9 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'