Big Brother TV star joins Haven House firewalking fundraisers
- Credit: Aastha Gill/Havens House
A Celebrity Big Brother television star was among 33 firewalkers to dash across hot coals on Wednesday evening for a children’s hospice.
Casey Batchelor, an Essex model, swapped the red carpet for a red hot walk in the grounds of Haven House Children’s Hospice, High Road, Woodford Green.
So £6,000 has been raised with more funds coming in.
She said: ““It was scary but I’m glad that I did the firewalk.
“I love supporting Haven House because it’s such a great charity that helps children with life-limiting conditions and also takes care of the whole family.
You may also want to watch:
“The staff are wonderful and I would strongly recommend people get involved to learn about all the amazing things they do for the children.”
Casey was joined a mother from Hainault, who uses Haven House for her eight-year-old son, Kai and the charity’s chief executive Mike Palfreman.
- 1 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 2 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 3 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 4 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 5 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 6 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 7 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 8 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 9 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
- 10 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
Mr Palfreman said: “I’m glad to say we all managed to make it through with our feet safely intact.
“Our first ever firewalk has raised an impressive amount for the hospice and donations are still coming in.
“It was wonderful to see Haven House children and parents at the event. They are the reason why we fundraise and seek to create new challenges.”