Big band with Frank Sinatra and Glenn Miller songs at Kenneth More Theatre, Ilford
- Credit: Archant
Ballgowns and bow ties will be on display at the Kenneth More Theatre next Sunday, as The Big Band show arrives for a night of crooning classics.
Songs from the likes of Frank Sinatra and Glenn Miller will make an appearance, as Five Star Swing’s musicians flitter between jazz and swing.
Band leader, Chris Smith, will oversee proceedings and bring with him compositions that can be frequently heard on Jazz FM and BBC Radio Big Band.
Having previously appeared on Top of the Pops and as a solo performer on the soundtrack to the Michael Caine film, Silver Bears, Chris says his music is a reflection of his upbringing.
He said: “It’s great that there’s a strong resurgence in jazz and swing music, mainly thanks to artists such as Robbie Williams, Jamie Cullam and Michael Buble.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve been brough up with this style of music as my father played trombone with Frank Sinatra on his European tours. We’re looking forward to bringing the show to Ilford.”
Chris brings with him Romford-based singer and saxophonist, Simone, who has performed alongside Paul Weller and John Williams, as well as Tony Bennett’s trombonist Michael Innes.
- 1 Plans for retail park development move step closer
- 2 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 3 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 4 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 5 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 6 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 7 Dispersal order issued ahead of fears over ‘illegal music events’
- 8 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 9 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 10 Man charged with Ilford robbery
The show starts at 7.30pm. Tickets cost £17.50, to book visit kmtheatre.co.uk.