Big band with Frank Sinatra and Glenn Miller songs at Kenneth More Theatre, Ilford
- Credit: Archant
Ballgowns and bow ties will be on display at the Kenneth More Theatre next Sunday, as The Big Band show arrives for a night of crooning classics.
Songs from the likes of Frank Sinatra and Glenn Miller will make an appearance, as Five Star Swing’s musicians flitter between jazz and swing.
Band leader, Chris Smith, will oversee proceedings and bring with him compositions that can be frequently heard on Jazz FM and BBC Radio Big Band.
Having previously appeared on Top of the Pops and as a solo performer on the soundtrack to the Michael Caine film, Silver Bears, Chris says his music is a reflection of his upbringing.
He said: “It’s great that there’s a strong resurgence in jazz and swing music, mainly thanks to artists such as Robbie Williams, Jamie Cullam and Michael Buble.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve been brough up with this style of music as my father played trombone with Frank Sinatra on his European tours. We’re looking forward to bringing the show to Ilford.”
Chris brings with him Romford-based singer and saxophonist, Simone, who has performed alongside Paul Weller and John Williams, as well as Tony Bennett’s trombonist Michael Innes.
- 1 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 2 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 3 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 4 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 5 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 6 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 7 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 8 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites
- 9 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 10 Council leader hails 'affordable' housing development in Wanstead
The show starts at 7.30pm. Tickets cost £17.50, to book visit kmtheatre.co.uk.