Big band night raises hundreds for Mayor of Redbridge’s chosen charities
A night of big band music helped to raise hundreds of pounds for the Mayor of Redbridge’s Appeal on Saturday. The Baker Benson Big Band entertained guests at Ilford Golf Club in Wanstead Park Road, Ilford.
It raised £400 to be split between Cllr Muhammed Javed’s chosen charities, Redbridge Carers Support Service and Redbridge Mencap.
He said: “It was very successful, very enjoyable.
“Everyone had fun, young and old alike.”
Around 65 people, including Ilford South MP Mike Gapes and Redbridge councillors, enjoyed the musical evening.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Barbara White, of Goodmayes ward, played with the band.
The Mayor also held a fundraising event at Romford Greyhound Stadium on Monday.
- 1 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 2 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 Former Met worker sentenced for stealing lost property cash
- 5 New trees to be planted at Fairlop Waters
- 6 Woodford Green pupil reaches final of national science and engineering competition
- 7 'Beyond my wildest dreams': Redbridge tutor receives MBE
- 8 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 9 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 10 Redbridge pupils shortlisted in competition to design Olympic Park pavilion