The Bible helps us to manage the mind
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
At present, mental health problems are a big issue, affecting the whole world over, maybe it’s because of the times in which we are living, maybe it’s the pressures of life, maybe it’s the Covid-19 pandemic.
Good health is about both physical and mental wellbeing. Emotional, psychological, and social wellbeing are just as crucial as physical health.
Everything we face in life starts in the mind, a set of cognitive faculties, usually defined as an entity's thoughts and consciousness, responsible for processing, feelings, and emotions, resulting in attitudes and actions.
I have been so moved recently by so many stories of people whose minds have been so troubled, it has led to their downfall, some have even committed suicide.
The Bible helps us to manage the mind. It says in the Book of Proverbs 23:7, "so as a man thinketh in his heart so is he". You are what you think you are. This is the reason so many people think of themselves as failures and so they fail, as losers so they lose, as no good so they behave that way, no good.
You may also want to watch:
There is another verse however that helps us to overcome these negative thoughts, found in Philippians 4:8, " …whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, think about such things".
When you think on these things it helps you to develop a sound mind.
- 1 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 3 Redbridge pubs gear up for outdoor opening
- 4 Criticism of 'comedy of errors' consultation for Wanstead flat extension plans
- 5 Plans submitted for more than 500 homes on former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 6 Prince Philip death: Redbridge pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 Plaistow man denies murdering two men in Goodmayes
- 8 Former Redbridge Council staffer charged with child sexual exploitation crimes in Australia
- 9 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 10 Man in hospital after being slashed multiple times in Wanstead