Bet on Bruno - Boxing legend Frank visits Goodmayes bookies for a chat with customers
- Credit: Archant
Boxing legend Frank Bruno dropped in for a cup of tea and a sandwich in celebration of a betting shop’s second anniversary and the Cheltenham Festival starting.
Former heavyweight world champion Frank visited Fairbet 4 U, Goodmayes Road, Goodmayes, on Tuesday, for a quick chat with customers.
He said: “My friend asked me to come down to the shop and promote it. I used to live in Chadwell Heath. It’s not a bad borough. I’m not really into betting but whatever floats your boat.”
Shop owner Nicola Harrison said: “He opened the shop and came back to see how we’re getting on. He’s great fun.”
Despite many shops on the high streets finding themselves in difficulty, Miss Harrison said business was going well.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I think with a new betting shop it takes three years to make it but we’re doing well. It’s been brilliant. We have regulars come in and we give good service.”
- 1 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 2 Seven Kings barbers closes after 62 years in business
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Ilford grandfather to run 37th London Marathon months after Covid battle
- 5 Council to approve children's performances after monkey costume scandal
- 6 'It's a surreal feeling': New coffee shop opens in Redbridge
- 7 'Grab this chance to save her life': Wanstead woman battling chronic illness urgently needs £200k for surgeries
- 8 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 9 DJ's fundraising bid to help twin return home after months in hospital
- 10 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford