Belly dancing, toy auction and karaoke helps raise money for Redbridge charity at fun day
Belly dancing, a toy auction and karaoke helped raise money for a Redbridge charity at a fun day on Sunday.
The Redbridge MS (multiple sclerosis) Society held the event at its headquarters in The Marjorie Collins Centre, Grove Road, Chadwell Heath to raise funds.
Visitors enjoyed a hog roast and refreshments as well as playing games and watching the entertainment on offer.
Society transport office Edward Ehret said: “It went quite well.
“There weren’t many people when we started but by two o’clock there were a lot.”
You may also want to watch:
The day raised �900 towards the running costs of the society, which is run by volunteers to support people with MS and affected by it.
Therapy and other services are provided at the charity’s headquarters.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 4 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
There is no known cure for the disease, which affects around 1,000 people in the UK.