Belly dancing, toy auction and karaoke helps raise money for Redbridge charity at fun day
Belly dancing, a toy auction and karaoke helped raise money for a Redbridge charity at a fun day on Sunday.
The Redbridge MS (multiple sclerosis) Society held the event at its headquarters in The Marjorie Collins Centre, Grove Road, Chadwell Heath to raise funds.
Visitors enjoyed a hog roast and refreshments as well as playing games and watching the entertainment on offer.
Society transport office Edward Ehret said: “It went quite well.
“There weren’t many people when we started but by two o’clock there were a lot.”
You may also want to watch:
The day raised �900 towards the running costs of the society, which is run by volunteers to support people with MS and affected by it.
Therapy and other services are provided at the charity’s headquarters.
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 2 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 3 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns
- 7 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 8 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 9 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 10 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
There is no known cure for the disease, which affects around 1,000 people in the UK.