Belly dancers and karaoke at Chadwell Heath charity fun day
Belly dancers, karaoke and a hog roast are some of the attractions lined up for a Redbridge charity’s family fun day on Sunday.
The Redbridge MS (multiple sclerosis) Society is holding the event at its headquarters in Chadwell Heath to raise funds.
Families are invited to enjoy entertainment, food and activities including a toy auction and karaoke to help raise funds for the group.
Transport officer Edward Ehret said: “We need to raise money for running costs. Last year we raised around �1000 so that would be good but we’re hoping for more.”
The society is run by volunteers to support people with MS and affected by it, providing therapy and other services.
You may also want to watch:
There is no known cure for the disease, which affects around 1,000 people in the UK.
The fun day will run between 12pm and 7pm at the Marjorie Collins Centre in The Drive, Chadwell Heath.
- 1 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 2 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 3 TfL admits wrongly charging supercar driver almost £1k in emission fees
- 4 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 5 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 6 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 7 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 8 'I know how much they help': Teacher to continue motivational sessions
- 9 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 10 Parents of man with special educational needs slam council over his care
Entry is free.