Belly dancers and karaoke at Chadwell Heath charity fun day
Belly dancers, karaoke and a hog roast are some of the attractions lined up for a Redbridge charity’s family fun day on Sunday.
The Redbridge MS (multiple sclerosis) Society is holding the event at its headquarters in Chadwell Heath to raise funds.
Families are invited to enjoy entertainment, food and activities including a toy auction and karaoke to help raise funds for the group.
Transport officer Edward Ehret said: “We need to raise money for running costs. Last year we raised around �1000 so that would be good but we’re hoping for more.”
The society is run by volunteers to support people with MS and affected by it, providing therapy and other services.
You may also want to watch:
There is no known cure for the disease, which affects around 1,000 people in the UK.
The fun day will run between 12pm and 7pm at the Marjorie Collins Centre in The Drive, Chadwell Heath.
- 1 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 2 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 3 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 4 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 7 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns
- 8 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 9 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 10 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
Entry is free.