Beautiful Barkingside garden opening next weekend to raise money for hospice
- Credit: Archant
A Barkingside woman opens her garden to the public later this month and all proceeds raised go to St Francis Hospice.
This is the fourth year Maureen Keating has held such an event at her Ashurst Drive home to raise money for people with life-limiting illnesses.
Last year two open afternoons cobbled together £1,000 but Maureen says similar success will depend on the weather.
“The plants are really struggling in the heat so we’d prefer it to be a little cooler.
“But we normally have a good turnout as a lot of local people know someone they care who the hospice look after.
You may also want to watch:
“I support them because I know the money raised will go to the right people.”
Maureen opens her garden to the public on Sunday, July 28 from 12.30pm to 5pm. Entry costs £2.50 and there will also be refreshments and plants to buy.
- 1 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 2 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 3 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 4 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 5 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 6 Thames Water says its drainage systems did not fail during flash floods
- 7 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 8 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford