Beautiful Barkingside garden opening next weekend to raise money for hospice
- Credit: Archant
A Barkingside woman opens her garden to the public later this month and all proceeds raised go to St Francis Hospice.
This is the fourth year Maureen Keating has held such an event at her Ashurst Drive home to raise money for people with life-limiting illnesses.
Last year two open afternoons cobbled together £1,000 but Maureen says similar success will depend on the weather.
“The plants are really struggling in the heat so we’d prefer it to be a little cooler.
“But we normally have a good turnout as a lot of local people know someone they care who the hospice look after.
You may also want to watch:
“I support them because I know the money raised will go to the right people.”
Maureen opens her garden to the public on Sunday, July 28 from 12.30pm to 5pm. Entry costs £2.50 and there will also be refreshments and plants to buy.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 5 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 6 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 7 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
- 8 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 9 School Streets scheme to expand in September
- 10 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London