Beaming Hainault boy, 9, given new bike after losing old one in arson attack
- Credit: Archant
The beaming smile of a nine-year-old boy who has had his burnt bike replaced is unmissable.
Turai Amartey, 9, of Hainault, lost his beloved bike in callous arson attack just before Christmas.
But Pauline Fynn, a Conservative campaigner, on hearing about the story moved quickly to reunite Turai with a brand new bike.
She said: “Turai was really upset when his bike was destroyed by local hooligans.
“It was great to put a smile on his face with this new bike.”
You may also want to watch:
Turai’s mother, Jo McGrath, of Radley Court, said: “We are delighted with Pauline’s kind gesture.”
The mother added she was campaigning for the council to provide safe storage for bike at Radley Court where their family lives.
- 1 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 4 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 7 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 8 King George Hospital gets new ultrasound rooms and upgraded machines
- 9 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 10 Former Homebase development plans approved