Beach volleyball courts unveiled in Ilford
- Credit: Archant
Three new volleyball courts are now open to the public and have been tested out by some enthusiastic school children.
The beach volleyball courts opened on Tuesday in Loxford Park, Loxford Lane, Ilford.
More than 60 students from Chadwell Heath Academy, Christie Gardens, Goodmayes and Canon Palmer Academy, Aldborough Road South, Seven Kings tried out the courts.
The new site also includes a pavilion and more than 760 tonnes of sand brought from the Olympic courts in Horse Guards Parade last summer.
Also at the opening were representatives from Sport England and Volleyball England together with players from the GB Olympic team and the Mayor of Redbridge, Cllr Felicity Banks.
You may also want to watch:
To make a booking call 020 8708 0952.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals
- 8 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan