Beach volleyball courts unveiled in Ilford
- Credit: Archant
Three new volleyball courts are now open to the public and have been tested out by some enthusiastic school children.
The beach volleyball courts opened on Tuesday in Loxford Park, Loxford Lane, Ilford.
More than 60 students from Chadwell Heath Academy, Christie Gardens, Goodmayes and Canon Palmer Academy, Aldborough Road South, Seven Kings tried out the courts.
The new site also includes a pavilion and more than 760 tonnes of sand brought from the Olympic courts in Horse Guards Parade last summer.
Also at the opening were representatives from Sport England and Volleyball England together with players from the GB Olympic team and the Mayor of Redbridge, Cllr Felicity Banks.
You may also want to watch:
To make a booking call 020 8708 0952.
- 1 Medical student who helped injured biker calls for more first aid training
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 4 Woman and children treated for smoke inhalation after Ilford flat fire
- 5 Panel finds ex-police officer would have been sacked for neighbour comments
- 6 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 7 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 8 Letter: High-density housing plans in Redbridge
- 9 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 10 Primary school creates memorial garden for pupils to remember loved ones