BBC filming The Great British Bake Off specials for Comic Relief in Valentines Park, Ilford
BBC film crews have been filming Comic Relief specials of The Great British Bake Off in Ilford this week.
Dharam Sahdev snapped this picture of the set on Wednesday after he spotted it during his daily walk in Valentines Park.
He said: “I think it’s good that the BBC uses the park because it’s important that they realise we have got such a nice place.
“I think it is the pride of Ilford. They should invite the local community to see the filming.”
Mr Sahdev, 72, of The Crescent, said filmmakers from India and other countries should make the most of the park’s charms.
You may also want to watch:
A Comic Relief spokesman said crews had been filming in the park all week but details of the special programmes are a closely-guarded secret.
Valentines Mansion and Gardens was the main location for the second series of The Great British Bake Off, which pits amateur bakers against each other to compete to be crowned the best in the UK.
- 1 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 2 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns
- 7 Redbridge Tories urge front desk re-opening at Barkingside Police Station
- 8 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 9 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 10 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
Series three of the show is currently airing on BBC Two.