BBC filming The Great British Bake Off specials for Comic Relief in Valentines Park, Ilford
BBC film crews have been filming Comic Relief specials of The Great British Bake Off in Ilford this week.
Dharam Sahdev snapped this picture of the set on Wednesday after he spotted it during his daily walk in Valentines Park.
He said: “I think it’s good that the BBC uses the park because it’s important that they realise we have got such a nice place.
“I think it is the pride of Ilford. They should invite the local community to see the filming.”
Mr Sahdev, 72, of The Crescent, said filmmakers from India and other countries should make the most of the park’s charms.
You may also want to watch:
A Comic Relief spokesman said crews had been filming in the park all week but details of the special programmes are a closely-guarded secret.
Valentines Mansion and Gardens was the main location for the second series of The Great British Bake Off, which pits amateur bakers against each other to compete to be crowned the best in the UK.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 8 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 9 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
Series three of the show is currently airing on BBC Two.