Barkingside veterinary nurse gearing up for 10,000ft charity skydive
A veterinary nurse from Barkingside is gearing up to do a 10,000ft skydive in aid of charity.
Daryl Schneider, of Sydney Road, talked her colleague Jessica Porter into accompanying her on the sponsored jump to raise money for St Clare Hospice in Hastingwood, Essex.
The nurses work together at the Goddard Veterinary Group in Dagenham.
Daryl, 21, said: “I’ve always wanted to do a skydive but my parents said it was too dangerous.
“It’s a brilliant cause and as much as I’m terrified I think it’s the best thing we could do.”
You may also want to watch:
St Clare Hospice provides care and support for people with life-limiting illnesses and their families.
Jessica said: “I’m excited and terrified at the same time. We’re raising money for St Clare’s because it’s a lifeline for so many local families.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 5 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 6 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 7 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 8 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 9 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 10 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
“We hope to raise �800 between us to support its vital work.”
They will do the tandem skydive at Sibson Airfield, near Peterborough, next month.
To sponsor Daryl and Jessica, call the Goddard Vet Group on 020 8595 6420 or by visit www.justgiving.com/darylschneider or www.justgiving.com/jesskaROCKS