Barkingside veterinary nurse gearing up for 10,000ft charity skydive
A veterinary nurse from Barkingside is gearing up to do a 10,000ft skydive in aid of charity.
Daryl Schneider, of Sydney Road, talked her colleague Jessica Porter into accompanying her on the sponsored jump to raise money for St Clare Hospice in Hastingwood, Essex.
The nurses work together at the Goddard Veterinary Group in Dagenham.
Daryl, 21, said: “I’ve always wanted to do a skydive but my parents said it was too dangerous.
“It’s a brilliant cause and as much as I’m terrified I think it’s the best thing we could do.”
You may also want to watch:
St Clare Hospice provides care and support for people with life-limiting illnesses and their families.
Jessica said: “I’m excited and terrified at the same time. We’re raising money for St Clare’s because it’s a lifeline for so many local families.
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 6 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 7 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 8 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 9 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 10 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
“We hope to raise �800 between us to support its vital work.”
They will do the tandem skydive at Sibson Airfield, near Peterborough, next month.
To sponsor Daryl and Jessica, call the Goddard Vet Group on 020 8595 6420 or by visit www.justgiving.com/darylschneider or www.justgiving.com/jesskaROCKS