Barkingside to raise their game
DESPITE an unsatisfactory performance on Saturday, Barkingside boss Tony Fenn believes his side will raise their game for this weekend’s clash with Eton Manor.
They go into the game full of confidence, having won four out of their last five, and currently sit seventh in the Essex Senior League after their recent steady rise.
“We will play a lot better then we did on Saturday and I would like to think we would raise our game against Eton Manor,” said the ’Side boss.
“Saturday will be a tester, but I feel we will be ready and it’ll be a true test of how far we have come in recent weeks.”
“We still have a few players missing, but going into the game, I am confident we can continue our run.”
You may also want to watch:
The Oakside outfit are a much-changed side over the last couple of weeks, with no less than eight players coming and going.
The latest to arrive is striker Danny Sabaroache, who has signed from Justin Gardner’s Bethnal Green United, and could make his debut against Manor at the weekend.
- 1 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 2 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 3 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 4 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 5 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 6 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 9 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 10 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
Going into the game, The Braves, who groundshare at Barking’s Mayesbrook Park, are currently fourth in the league and are coming off a creditable goalless draw against league leaders Stansted.
Fenn’s side then face Clapton again on Monday night at Oakside in the League Cup.