Barkingside store celebrates Diwali with costumes and food
Diwali was celebrated in style at one supermarket as staff turned up to work in traditional dress, ready to serve their homemade food to colleagues.
Tesco, in Cranbrook Road, Barkingside marked the Hindu Festival of Lights by serving treats to customers on Monday.
Members of staff got into the spirit by dressing up and bringing in traditional food to share out at lunch time.
Events organiser at the store, Julia Cotton, said: “It is important to celebrate festivals like this one and the staff are always thankful to learn more about other religions by bringing everyone together.
“It is extremely interesting and we all hope that we managed to raise lots of money for our charity, Stand Up For Cancer.”
You may also want to watch:
The store has been raising money throughout the year for their chosen charity by organising events such as a Bikercise.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 7 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 8 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off