Barkingside singing group perform in historical Oxford abbey
- Credit: Archant
A Barkingside singing group have performed to crowds in the grand Dorchester Abbey during a trip to Oxfordshire.
The Valentine Singers sang favourites by Mozart, Gershwin and spiritual pieces to audiences at the medieval abbey, which lies outside Oxford, and at St Michael at the Northgate Church in the town, where they helped raise money for a local children’s charity.
The singers were on their annual away weekend last month, and took the opportunity to enjoy the sights in the historic city and beautiful surrounding countryside.
Some members climbed the Wittenham Clumps, which has views around the Thames Valley.
The Valentine Singers perform regularly in and around Redbridge, and organise events and trips away. New members are welcome to an open rehearsal for their autumn concert of Italian music on Friday September 13 at 7.30pm at Gearies Junior School, Gants Hill Crescent, Gants Hill.
You may also want to watch:
For information on joining the choir, call 01708 751 097 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 2 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new café in Redbridge
- 4 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 5 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 6 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 7 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 8 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 9 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 10 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford