Barkingside singing group perform in historical Oxford abbey
- Credit: Archant
A Barkingside singing group have performed to crowds in the grand Dorchester Abbey during a trip to Oxfordshire.
The Valentine Singers sang favourites by Mozart, Gershwin and spiritual pieces to audiences at the medieval abbey, which lies outside Oxford, and at St Michael at the Northgate Church in the town, where they helped raise money for a local children’s charity.
The singers were on their annual away weekend last month, and took the opportunity to enjoy the sights in the historic city and beautiful surrounding countryside.
Some members climbed the Wittenham Clumps, which has views around the Thames Valley.
The Valentine Singers perform regularly in and around Redbridge, and organise events and trips away. New members are welcome to an open rehearsal for their autumn concert of Italian music on Friday September 13 at 7.30pm at Gearies Junior School, Gants Hill Crescent, Gants Hill.
You may also want to watch:
For information on joining the choir, call 01708 751 097 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 6 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 7 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 8 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 9 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
- 10 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals