Barkingside shoppers give generously to help Chigwell Riding Trust
- Credit: Archant
A riding centre for people with special needs has benefited from the generosity of shoppers in Barkingside.
Thanks to donations to a charity box in the Sainsbury’s store in Tanners Lane, staff were able to visit the Chigwell Riding Trust to present a cheque for £1,500.
Deborah Hall, the manager of the Trust in Grange Farm, High Road, Chigwell, gratefully accepted the donation and was extra pleased because she’d only be expecting a £1,000 gift.
She said: “Every penny will be put to good use.”
The Trust started in 1958 and Deborah has been its manager for more than 25 years.
You may also want to watch:
Around 160 riders visit each week.
Store manager Chris Wager said: “We chose the Trust because of the fantastic work they do with people of all ages with special needs – achieving some fantastic results.”
- 1 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 5 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 6 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 7 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 8 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 9 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 10 Man dies after fall near Hainault station