Barkingside shoppers give generously to help Chigwell Riding Trust
- Credit: Archant
A riding centre for people with special needs has benefited from the generosity of shoppers in Barkingside.
Thanks to donations to a charity box in the Sainsbury’s store in Tanners Lane, staff were able to visit the Chigwell Riding Trust to present a cheque for £1,500.
Deborah Hall, the manager of the Trust in Grange Farm, High Road, Chigwell, gratefully accepted the donation and was extra pleased because she’d only be expecting a £1,000 gift.
She said: “Every penny will be put to good use.”
The Trust started in 1958 and Deborah has been its manager for more than 25 years.
You may also want to watch:
Around 160 riders visit each week.
Store manager Chris Wager said: “We chose the Trust because of the fantastic work they do with people of all ages with special needs – achieving some fantastic results.”
- 1 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 2 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 Former Met worker sentenced for stealing lost property cash
- 5 New trees to be planted at Fairlop Waters
- 6 Woodford Green pupil reaches final of national science and engineering competition
- 7 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 8 'Beyond my wildest dreams': Redbridge tutor receives MBE
- 9 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 10 Redbridge pupils shortlisted in competition to design Olympic Park pavilion