Barkingside murder: Strangled girl named as Cheryl Tariah
Police have named the teenage girl strangled in a flat in Barkingside on Tuesday as Cheryl Tariah.
The 17-year-old was found dead in a flat above the Buy Labels For Less clothes store at around 4pm on Tuesday.
She lived in Dunlowe Avenue, Tottenham
Next of kin have been informed and formal identification has taken place.
An 18-year-old man was arrested earlier today on suspicion of murder. He remains in police custody.
You may also want to watch:
Police were called to the flat on Tuesday following reports of a “disturbance”.
A post-mortem carried out at Walthamstow Mortuary on Wednesday gave the cause of death as compression of the neck.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 6 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 7 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 8 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
An incident room has been set up under the command of Acting Det Ch Insp John Nicholson of the Metropolitan Police Service’s Homicide and Serious Crime Command at Barking.
Anyone with information should contact the incident room on 020 8345 3985, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
• A 21-year-old man arrested in connection with the investigation on Tuesday was released earlier today with no further action to be taken.