Barkingside murder: Strangled girl named as Cheryl Tariah
Police have named the teenage girl strangled in a flat in Barkingside on Tuesday as Cheryl Tariah.
The 17-year-old was found dead in a flat above the Buy Labels For Less clothes store at around 4pm on Tuesday.
She lived in Dunlowe Avenue, Tottenham
Next of kin have been informed and formal identification has taken place.
An 18-year-old man was arrested earlier today on suspicion of murder. He remains in police custody.
You may also want to watch:
Police were called to the flat on Tuesday following reports of a “disturbance”.
A post-mortem carried out at Walthamstow Mortuary on Wednesday gave the cause of death as compression of the neck.
- 1 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 2 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 3 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 6 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Sam Tarry MP: 'My focus is on job creation in Ilford'
- 8 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
An incident room has been set up under the command of Acting Det Ch Insp John Nicholson of the Metropolitan Police Service’s Homicide and Serious Crime Command at Barking.
Anyone with information should contact the incident room on 020 8345 3985, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
• A 21-year-old man arrested in connection with the investigation on Tuesday was released earlier today with no further action to be taken.