Barkingside mum’s 112-mile marathon epic
A Barkingside woman will complete a marathon in Brighton on Saturday – and will then run 60 miles back to London for the capital’s marathon on April 17.
Bookkeeper Lorraine Burke, 46, of Fencepiece Road, will rack up an impressive 112 miles on the road with her husband cycling by her side, when she finally hits the finish line next weekend.
The mammoth run is in aid of charity Tommy, which helped her family when her two nephews were born prematurely, but tragically neither survived.
“Tommy is a charity which helped my family through a dark time, and I want to give something back to them,” said the mum of three.
“I ran the two marathons last year but I used a car to travel between them, so that’s a massive chunk which I’ve added to the run.” To donate, visit www.uk.virginmoneygiving.com/LorraineBurkeChallenge.
You may also want to watch:
Are you running the marathon? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 02084773826.
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 6 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 7 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 8 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 9 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 10 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm