Barkingside mum’s 112-mile marathon epic
A Barkingside woman will complete a marathon in Brighton on Saturday – and will then run 60 miles back to London for the capital’s marathon on April 17.
Bookkeeper Lorraine Burke, 46, of Fencepiece Road, will rack up an impressive 112 miles on the road with her husband cycling by her side, when she finally hits the finish line next weekend.
The mammoth run is in aid of charity Tommy, which helped her family when her two nephews were born prematurely, but tragically neither survived.
“Tommy is a charity which helped my family through a dark time, and I want to give something back to them,” said the mum of three.
“I ran the two marathons last year but I used a car to travel between them, so that’s a massive chunk which I’ve added to the run.” To donate, visit www.uk.virginmoneygiving.com/LorraineBurkeChallenge.
You may also want to watch:
Are you running the marathon? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 02084773826.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 5 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 6 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 7 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 8 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 9 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 10 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say