Barkingside man missing for six months found dead in Barking Creek
THE BODY of a man missing for nearly six months has been found in Barking Creek.
Ian Sutton, 48, of Beaminster Gardens, Barkingside, was discovered in the river by a dog walker on Wednesday last week.
Following his disappearance from the A&E department at King George Hospital, Barley Lane, on September 13, a police search of the area and appeals in the Recorder from his mother, Margaret, drew a blank.
He had been admitted following concerns for his physical and mental health.
Mother Margaret, of Kelsie Way, Hainault, said: “As soon as he disappeared I had a feeling, call it mother’s intuition, that I would not see him alive again.
You may also want to watch:
“I prayed to God every single say for his body to be found so we could lay him to rest,” she added.
Mr Sutton’s funeral will be held at Forest Park Cemetary and Crematorium in Forest Road, Hainault, on March 11 at 2.15pm.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 7 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 8 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 9 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 10 Plans for retail park development move step closer