Barkingside man missing for six months found dead in Barking Creek
THE BODY of a man missing for nearly six months has been found in Barking Creek.
Ian Sutton, 48, of Beaminster Gardens, Barkingside, was discovered in the river by a dog walker on Wednesday last week.
Following his disappearance from the A&E department at King George Hospital, Barley Lane, on September 13, a police search of the area and appeals in the Recorder from his mother, Margaret, drew a blank.
He had been admitted following concerns for his physical and mental health.
Mother Margaret, of Kelsie Way, Hainault, said: “As soon as he disappeared I had a feeling, call it mother’s intuition, that I would not see him alive again.
You may also want to watch:
“I prayed to God every single say for his body to be found so we could lay him to rest,” she added.
Mr Sutton’s funeral will be held at Forest Park Cemetary and Crematorium in Forest Road, Hainault, on March 11 at 2.15pm.
- 1 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 3 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 4 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 5 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
- 6 Animals bite rubbish after wheelie bin delivery delay
- 7 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 8 Six males detained after alleged brawl in Gants Hill
- 9 Crunch meeting fails to provide breakthrough in school sick pay dispute
- 10 Doctors 'concerned' patients' health will suffer due to non-Covid backlog