Barkingside man Bakall Ahmad wanted on suspicion of kidnap by Essex Police
- Credit: Archant
A Barkingside man with a pockmarked cheek who is suspected of kidnap has become the subject of a police manhunt after failing to answer bail.
Bakall Ahmad, 20, of Mulberry Way, was arrested on August 1 on suspicion of kidnapping a 50-year-old man on Sunday, July 21, and Tuesday, July 30, in Basildon.
Ahmad, who was born in Sweden and is unemployed, was released on bail but police have since been unable to trace him.
He is described as black, 5ft 8in, and of medium but muscular build. He has short, black, Afro-style hair, and a pockmarked left cheek.
Investigating officer Det Const Tara Shepherd of Essex Police said: “Bakall Ahmad is known to have friends and criminal associates across Essex so could be anywhere.
You may also want to watch:
“He knows we want him and his friends know we want him, which is why they are doing their best to help him.
“Let us make one element clear to these people: we will look to prosecute anyone who is found to be assisting or harbouring this fugitive.
- 1 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 4 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 7 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 8 King George Hospital gets new ultrasound rooms and upgraded machines
- 9 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 10 Former Homebase development plans approved
“We are relying on the community to provide us with the leads to go and arrest him.”
Foyez Ahmed, a 21-year-old unemployed man from Newham, has been charged with two counts of kidnap and one count of assault relating to the incidents in July.
He pleaded not guilty, and his trial is due to start at Basildon Crown Court on Monday, February 3, 2014.