Barkingside hustings see election candidates quizzed by residents
Election candidates were quizzed by members of the public at a hustings meeting last night.
Hosted by residents’ group Barkingside 21, the event, at Fullwell Cross Library, Barkingside, saw three people who have never been a councillor answer questions about the issues which matter to local residents.
They were Nathan Pathmanathan, standing for the Conservatives in Clayhall ward, Mike Teahan, standing for the Liberal Democrats in Roding ward and Mark Santos, standing for Labour in Hainault ward.
Topics discussed included area committees, King George Hospital and school places.
Keep an eye on the website for more information and pick up the Recorder on Thursday for our full coverage.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 2 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 3 16-year-old arrested after woman reports sexual assault in South Woodford
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 7 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 10 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals