Barkingside grandmother’s bedtime stories released in new children’s book
A Barkingside grandmother’s bedtime stories are sending children across the country to sleep in a new book.
Joan White, of Mossford Green, wrote down the tales she would spin for her grandchildren and saw them published nearly 20 years later.
Nan’s Little Night-Time Stories includes the adventures of a kidnapped princess, an adventurous field mouse, a flea-ridden mongrel, two little spiders and a pair of carpet nails.
Joan said: “When my grandchildren were about four I used to read them stories before bed but one night we ran out.
“My granddaughter Hannah said ‘why don’t you make up a story?’ and that’s how it all started.”
You may also want to watch:
Nan’s Little Night-Time Stories is available online and from some bookshops.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 7 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 10 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School