Barkingside death at flat: Case referred to crown court
An 18-year-old has appeared this morning at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court charged with the murder of Cheryl Tariah.
Cheryl, 17 was found dead in a flat above the Buy Labels For Less Clothes store in High Street, Barkingside at around 4pm on Tuesday.
Ako Amin did not enter a plea and the case has been adjourned until Wednesday at the Old Bailey.
No applicaiton for bail was made.
He was arrested on Friday and was charged by police on Saturday evening.
You may also want to watch:
Cheryl’s peers were in court today but declined to comment after the hearing.
Letters and flowers had been left at the scene over the weekend by friends and family.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 5 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 6 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 7 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 8 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 9 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 10 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman