Barkingside death at flat: Case referred to crown court
An 18-year-old has appeared this morning at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court charged with the murder of Cheryl Tariah.
Cheryl, 17 was found dead in a flat above the Buy Labels For Less Clothes store in High Street, Barkingside at around 4pm on Tuesday.
Ako Amin did not enter a plea and the case has been adjourned until Wednesday at the Old Bailey.
No applicaiton for bail was made.
He was arrested on Friday and was charged by police on Saturday evening.
You may also want to watch:
Cheryl’s peers were in court today but declined to comment after the hearing.
Letters and flowers had been left at the scene over the weekend by friends and family.
- 1 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 5 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 7 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 8 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 9 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'