Barkingside death: Body found was of 17-year-old girl
A body found in a flat in Barkingside yesterday was that of a 17-year-old girl, police have said.
The Metropolitan Police’s Homicide and Serious Crime Command is investigating the death.
A post-mortem is set to be held later today as detectives await confirmation of the cause of death.
Next of kin are in the process of being informed.
The girl’s body was found in a flat above the Labels clothes store in High Street at around 4pm yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said the investigation is “well underway”.
The London Ambulance Service arrived at the flat at around 4pm yesterday where the woman, who was alive when they reached her, died despite efforts to save her.
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 3 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 4 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 5 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 6 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 7 'Very challenging': Ilford businesses still struggling months after return
- 8 Testing centres set up in race to find donor for girl, 4, with cancer
- 9 'It's disgusting': Goodmayes mum claims family fed mouldy pittas in quarantine hotel
- 10 Union protests outside town hall over ongoing Oaks Park High dispute
A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said they were called shortly before 4pm to reports of a “disturbance at a residential address”.
Detectives and forensics officers remain at the scene this afternoon, which a section of pavement cordoned off as the investigation continues.
Meanwhile, a 21-year-old man has been arrested “in connection with the investigation”.
He is currently in custody at an unnamed east London police station,.