Barkingside death: Body found was of 17-year-old girl
A body found in a flat in Barkingside yesterday was that of a 17-year-old girl, police have said.
The Metropolitan Police’s Homicide and Serious Crime Command is investigating the death.
A post-mortem is set to be held later today as detectives await confirmation of the cause of death.
Next of kin are in the process of being informed.
The girl’s body was found in a flat above the Labels clothes store in High Street at around 4pm yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said the investigation is “well underway”.
The London Ambulance Service arrived at the flat at around 4pm yesterday where the woman, who was alive when they reached her, died despite efforts to save her.
- 1 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 2 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 3 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 4 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 5 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 6 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 7 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 8 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said they were called shortly before 4pm to reports of a “disturbance at a residential address”.
Detectives and forensics officers remain at the scene this afternoon, which a section of pavement cordoned off as the investigation continues.
Meanwhile, a 21-year-old man has been arrested “in connection with the investigation”.
He is currently in custody at an unnamed east London police station,.