Barkingside company scoops national prize for helping landlords and tenants settle deposit disputes
- Credit: Archant
A Barkingside company which helps landlords and tenants come to agreement on the condition of a property has won a national award.
Ashworth Group in Ashurst Drive has picked up the Inventory Clerk of the Year award from industry body AIIC (Association of Independent Inventory Clerks).
Ashworth, which works with landlords, estate agents and tenants in Redbridge and across London, inspects homes to draw up inventory reports before and after tenants live in the property, helping to reduce the likelihood of disputes over deposits.
Owner Jae Gadar said: “Since the tenancy deposit scheme came in, our job has become more relevant.”
The company, which is more than 12 years old, has 22 staff. Its inventory clerks record the condition of a property and take photos to support written documentation.
You may also want to watch:
The award was presented to Mr Gadar by the AIIC, the UK’s largest membership organisation for inventory clerks, earlier this month.
Mr Gadar said: “It’s quite a big deal for our industry.”
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
- 3 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 4 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 5 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 6 Lorry driver cleared over elderly couple's crash deaths, inquest hears
- 7 Clouds, rain and sunny intervals: East London weather forecast this week
- 8 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 9 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 10 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
Ashworth also does domestic and commercial cleaning and energy performance certificates.
For more information, visit www.ashworth-group.co.uk.