Barkingside company scoops national prize for helping landlords and tenants settle deposit disputes
- Credit: Archant
A Barkingside company which helps landlords and tenants come to agreement on the condition of a property has won a national award.
Ashworth Group in Ashurst Drive has picked up the Inventory Clerk of the Year award from industry body AIIC (Association of Independent Inventory Clerks).
Ashworth, which works with landlords, estate agents and tenants in Redbridge and across London, inspects homes to draw up inventory reports before and after tenants live in the property, helping to reduce the likelihood of disputes over deposits.
Owner Jae Gadar said: “Since the tenancy deposit scheme came in, our job has become more relevant.”
The company, which is more than 12 years old, has 22 staff. Its inventory clerks record the condition of a property and take photos to support written documentation.
You may also want to watch:
The award was presented to Mr Gadar by the AIIC, the UK’s largest membership organisation for inventory clerks, earlier this month.
Mr Gadar said: “It’s quite a big deal for our industry.”
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 5 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 6 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 7 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 8 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 9 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 10 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
Ashworth also does domestic and commercial cleaning and energy performance certificates.
For more information, visit www.ashworth-group.co.uk.