Barkingside church invites wind orchestra to help raise money for Christian Aid
Holy Trinity Barkingside, in Mossford Green, will be hosting its annual concert on Saturday (17) to raise money for Christian Aid.
New Redbridge Wind Orchestra, based at the Redbridge Music School, will be performing at the event, starting 7.30pm, at The Drive Methodist Church, Eastern Avenue, Ilford.
Organiser Kaye Larby said: “We normally get a pretty good turnout.
“The church is not charging and neither is the orchestra - all the money raised is our contribution for Christian Aid week.”
This year will be the fifth year Holy Trinity has run a concert in aid of Christian Aid.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cost £6.50 and available on the door. For more information, email email@example.com
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals
- 8 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan