Barkingside church hopes to announce new vicar this spring
A Barkingside church is hoping to announce a new vicar in May after its previous incumbent left his post.
Since former vicar Edmond Cargill Thompson moved on last September, Holy Trinity Parish Church in Mossford Green, has been supported by its staff team, including associate minister Margaret Chapman, deacon Rosmary Potten and reader Toby Robbins.
Warden Maxine Paul, another member of the church staff, said: “We have been very lucky.
“The congregation have been very supportive with us generally.
“The only service we have not been able to do was the Christmas Day 8am service but everyone came to Midnight Mass instead.”
You may also want to watch:
The warden added the new vicar - set to be announced in May - would bring “leadership, and new depth to our worship”.
The new vicar would also need to “comfortable with a diverse” worship, according to Ms Paul.
- 1 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 2 Ilford GP criticises NHS patient data sharing plans
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 Ilford's Mercato Metropolitano to open in November
- 5 Man with Hainault links wanted on recall to prison
- 6 Man jailed after gun and cocaine worth £1m found at Ilford home
- 7 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 8 Pupils prepare for summer singing festival at Kenneth More Theatre
- 9 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 10 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower