Barkingside church hopes to announce new vicar this spring
A Barkingside church is hoping to announce a new vicar in May after its previous incumbent left his post.
Since former vicar Edmond Cargill Thompson moved on last September, Holy Trinity Parish Church in Mossford Green, has been supported by its staff team, including associate minister Margaret Chapman, deacon Rosmary Potten and reader Toby Robbins.
Warden Maxine Paul, another member of the church staff, said: “We have been very lucky.
“The congregation have been very supportive with us generally.
“The only service we have not been able to do was the Christmas Day 8am service but everyone came to Midnight Mass instead.”
You may also want to watch:
The warden added the new vicar - set to be announced in May - would bring “leadership, and new depth to our worship”.
The new vicar would also need to “comfortable with a diverse” worship, according to Ms Paul.
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 3 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 4 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
- 5 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 'Very challenging': Ilford businesses still struggling months after return
- 8 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 9 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 10 'Gentle giant' driven propped up on van's floor with serious head injury, inquest hears