Barkingside-based children’s charity Barnardo’s is up for three national work experience awards
The UK’s largest children’s charity, which has its head office in Tanners Lane, Barkingside, is up for three awards for the quality of its work experience offering.
Barnardo’s is shortlisted in the National Council for Work Experience awards - for the best charity and best employment experience as nominated by a student and for the graduate internship of the year, for organisations with more than 250 employees.
The awards, which are in their ninth year and which recognise organisations from a variety of sectors and sizes, will be held at Merchant Taylors’ Hall in The City on March 20.
There were more than 300 entries and Barnardo’s, will compete against the British Red Cross and Cancer Research UK amongst others in the charity category.
Nadia Bunyan, Barnardo’s head of workforce development, said: “This reflects our long standing commitment to ensuring the Barnardo’s scheme has a positive impact on the lives of those students who participate.”
You may also want to watch:
For further information visit www.work-experience.org/awards.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 3 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 7 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 8 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 9 Plans for retail park development move step closer
- 10 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault