Barkingside-based children’s charity Barnardo’s is up for three national work experience awards
The UK’s largest children’s charity, which has its head office in Tanners Lane, Barkingside, is up for three awards for the quality of its work experience offering.
Barnardo’s is shortlisted in the National Council for Work Experience awards - for the best charity and best employment experience as nominated by a student and for the graduate internship of the year, for organisations with more than 250 employees.
The awards, which are in their ninth year and which recognise organisations from a variety of sectors and sizes, will be held at Merchant Taylors’ Hall in The City on March 20.
There were more than 300 entries and Barnardo’s, will compete against the British Red Cross and Cancer Research UK amongst others in the charity category.
Nadia Bunyan, Barnardo’s head of workforce development, said: “This reflects our long standing commitment to ensuring the Barnardo’s scheme has a positive impact on the lives of those students who participate.”
You may also want to watch:
For further information visit www.work-experience.org/awards.
- 1 Chigwell rabbi hospitalised after 'unprovoked and cowardly attack'
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 4 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 5 Police meet with Jewish communities after attack on rabbi in Chigwell
- 6 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 7 Two men arrested on suspicion of GBH following hospitalisation of rabbi
- 8 Man tried to become comic book character by stabbing teen in park toilets
- 9 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 10 Clayhall pupils grill Matt Hancock and Dominic Raab