Bandstand marathon at Ilford’s Valentines Park today to help see off Paralympic Games
As London bids farewell to the Paralympic Games tonight, Redbridge will be joining in a national event marking a summer to remember.
As part of the Cultural Olympiad, a bandstand marathon is taking place across the country in which as many bands as possible will perform outdoors.
Vision Redbridge, which runs the borough’s leisure services, is partnering with Redbridge Music Lounge to bring live performers to the bandstand at the Cranbrook Road entrance of Valentines Park, Ilford, from 1-5pm.
Cllr Robin Turbefield, the cabinet member for leisure and youth services, said: “We are proud to be a partner in this national event which nicely rounds up the last day of the London 2012 Games.
“This is a perfect opportunity for local musicians to showcase their talents.
You may also want to watch:
“Come along and enjoy this memorable event in a perfect location.”
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 5 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 6 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 7 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 8 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 9 Dispersal order issued ahead of fears over ‘illegal music events’
- 10 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault