Bandstand marathon at Ilford’s Valentines Park today to help see off Paralympic Games
As London bids farewell to the Paralympic Games tonight, Redbridge will be joining in a national event marking a summer to remember.
As part of the Cultural Olympiad, a bandstand marathon is taking place across the country in which as many bands as possible will perform outdoors.
Vision Redbridge, which runs the borough’s leisure services, is partnering with Redbridge Music Lounge to bring live performers to the bandstand at the Cranbrook Road entrance of Valentines Park, Ilford, from 1-5pm.
Cllr Robin Turbefield, the cabinet member for leisure and youth services, said: “We are proud to be a partner in this national event which nicely rounds up the last day of the London 2012 Games.
“This is a perfect opportunity for local musicians to showcase their talents.
You may also want to watch:
“Come along and enjoy this memorable event in a perfect location.”
- 1 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 2 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 3 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 4 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 5 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 6 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 7 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 8 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP