Bandstand marathon at Ilford’s Valentines Park today to help see off Paralympic Games
As London bids farewell to the Paralympic Games tonight, Redbridge will be joining in a national event marking a summer to remember.
As part of the Cultural Olympiad, a bandstand marathon is taking place across the country in which as many bands as possible will perform outdoors.
Vision Redbridge, which runs the borough’s leisure services, is partnering with Redbridge Music Lounge to bring live performers to the bandstand at the Cranbrook Road entrance of Valentines Park, Ilford, from 1-5pm.
Cllr Robin Turbefield, the cabinet member for leisure and youth services, said: “We are proud to be a partner in this national event which nicely rounds up the last day of the London 2012 Games.
“This is a perfect opportunity for local musicians to showcase their talents.
You may also want to watch:
“Come along and enjoy this memorable event in a perfect location.”
- 1 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 2 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 3 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 4 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 5 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 6 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 8 Anti-hate crime workshops to be delivered in Redbridge
- 9 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 10 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development