Band promoter Dad who’s putting Ilford’s freshest talent on stage
An organisation set up to support talented young bands has held it first live music showcase.
Ivan Sinclair, 45, has set up Essex Band Promo after being frustrated by the lack of opportunities available to his 16-year-old son Perry’s band to perform.
The Cauliflower pub, in High Road, Ilford, was packed to its Victorian rafters on Thursday for the evening of live music from three bands made up of musicians under 21-years-old.
Mr Sinclair, from Cambeys Road, Dagenham, said “My son is a drummer in a band and they practise hard but sometimes find it difficult to get their music heard locally.
“Young bands have the unique drive to perfect their talent and work hard to become successful however when they are ready to gig it is very hard to find venues suitable for the younger bands to play.
“I really hope the popularity of the night will grow and grow.”
Mr Sinclair now hopes to ride on the success of the first gig, which featured the groups Marriler, the Last of the Waiting and Dead Baby Birds, by holding a regular night every first Thursday of the month at the Cauliflower.
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Police no longer looking for man wanted in connection with assault
- 3 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 4 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
- 6 More headliners announced for We Are FSTVL 2022
- 7 TfL welcomes RMT decision to suspend first round of strike action
- 8 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
- 9 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 10 Dog units 'really good tool' to help police tackle violent crime, officers say
The father and son team have also started a Facebook group entitled Essex Band Promo.