Band promoter Dad who’s putting Ilford’s freshest talent on stage
An organisation set up to support talented young bands has held it first live music showcase.
Ivan Sinclair, 45, has set up Essex Band Promo after being frustrated by the lack of opportunities available to his 16-year-old son Perry’s band to perform.
The Cauliflower pub, in High Road, Ilford, was packed to its Victorian rafters on Thursday for the evening of live music from three bands made up of musicians under 21-years-old.
Mr Sinclair, from Cambeys Road, Dagenham, said “My son is a drummer in a band and they practise hard but sometimes find it difficult to get their music heard locally.
“Young bands have the unique drive to perfect their talent and work hard to become successful however when they are ready to gig it is very hard to find venues suitable for the younger bands to play.
You may also want to watch:
“I really hope the popularity of the night will grow and grow.”
Mr Sinclair now hopes to ride on the success of the first gig, which featured the groups Marriler, the Last of the Waiting and Dead Baby Birds, by holding a regular night every first Thursday of the month at the Cauliflower.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 4 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
The father and son team have also started a Facebook group entitled Essex Band Promo.