Band promoter Dad who’s putting Ilford’s freshest talent on stage
An organisation set up to support talented young bands has held it first live music showcase.
Ivan Sinclair, 45, has set up Essex Band Promo after being frustrated by the lack of opportunities available to his 16-year-old son Perry’s band to perform.
The Cauliflower pub, in High Road, Ilford, was packed to its Victorian rafters on Thursday for the evening of live music from three bands made up of musicians under 21-years-old.
Mr Sinclair, from Cambeys Road, Dagenham, said “My son is a drummer in a band and they practise hard but sometimes find it difficult to get their music heard locally.
“Young bands have the unique drive to perfect their talent and work hard to become successful however when they are ready to gig it is very hard to find venues suitable for the younger bands to play.
“I really hope the popularity of the night will grow and grow.”
Mr Sinclair now hopes to ride on the success of the first gig, which featured the groups Marriler, the Last of the Waiting and Dead Baby Birds, by holding a regular night every first Thursday of the month at the Cauliflower.
- 1 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 2 Bleed kit in memory of doorman Ricky Hayden installed outside nightclub
- 3 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 4 Pair charged with creating fake Covid vaccination records
- 5 Convicted killer 'attacked sister-in-law after repeated threats', court hears
- 6 Newbury Park grass fire sees homes evacuated
- 7 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 8 Ilford fast food restaurant permitted to open later
- 9 Cost of living crisis: What to do if you can't pay your bills
- 10 Jailed: Ilford fraudster involved in £13m Ponzi scheme through property fraud
The father and son team have also started a Facebook group entitled Essex Band Promo.