Band promoter Dad who’s putting Ilford’s freshest talent on stage
An organisation set up to support talented young bands has held it first live music showcase.
Ivan Sinclair, 45, has set up Essex Band Promo after being frustrated by the lack of opportunities available to his 16-year-old son Perry’s band to perform.
The Cauliflower pub, in High Road, Ilford, was packed to its Victorian rafters on Thursday for the evening of live music from three bands made up of musicians under 21-years-old.
Mr Sinclair, from Cambeys Road, Dagenham, said “My son is a drummer in a band and they practise hard but sometimes find it difficult to get their music heard locally.
“Young bands have the unique drive to perfect their talent and work hard to become successful however when they are ready to gig it is very hard to find venues suitable for the younger bands to play.
You may also want to watch:
“I really hope the popularity of the night will grow and grow.”
Mr Sinclair now hopes to ride on the success of the first gig, which featured the groups Marriler, the Last of the Waiting and Dead Baby Birds, by holding a regular night every first Thursday of the month at the Cauliflower.
- 1 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 2 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns
- 7 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 8 Redbridge Tories urge front desk re-opening at Barkingside Police Station
- 9 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 10 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
The father and son team have also started a Facebook group entitled Essex Band Promo.