Balaclava-clad burglars punch 58-year-old Woodford Green woman
- Credit: Archant
A 58-year-old woman sustained minor injuries after being punched by balaclava-clad burglars who broke into her Woodford Green home.
She was sleeping at her home in Rivington Avenue, and woke up to investigate a noise in her hallway at around 8.30pm on Tuesday, February 12.
There the woman found two men standing in her living room and began shouting at them.
They ran from the rear of the house but returned to the front door of her home, punching her as they attempted to push their way in.
Neighbours came to assist the woman and the suspects drove off in a blue car.
You may also want to watch:
Police were called at 8.48pm and no one has been arrested or charged at this stage.
A police spokeswoman said: “I want to reassure our community that everything possible is being done to tackle these terrible crimes.”
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 7 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 10 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
Anyone with information is asked to call the Met police on 101.
You can find crime prevention advice on www.met.police.uk