Babies boogie at weekly disco started by Wanstead mums
Two mums have started Wanstead’s “first ever baby disco”.
Michelle Wells and Kerry Roe had their first Baby Rockers party for energetic youngsters on Tuesday.
In the weekly disco at the United Reformed Church hall, in Nightingale Lane, parents can strut their stuff with babies and toddlers to family-friendly music.
The success of similar events run by Michelle and Kerry to raise money for charity inspired them to make it a permanent feature.
Michelle said: “Kids love dancing around to music and they get rid of some energy while the parents can meet new people. We’ve got glitter balls and everything, it’s like stepping into an ’80s disco.”
You may also want to watch:
Kerry added: “Having two young children myself I know how hard it can be to get out and socialise whilst still having great fun. “Everyone at the Baby Rockers launch had a ball and we’ll look forward to meeting new friends every Tuesday morning during term-time.”
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 5 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 6 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 7 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
- 8 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 9 School Streets scheme to expand in September
- 10 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London