Authors from all over the country take part in book signing event at Redbridge Central Library
- Credit: Melissa Page
“It was clear that whatever race, religion or even distance between us, we are all connected by a common passion. Our love for the English language.”
Authors from across the country came together to take part in a book signing event at Redbridge Central Library.
The books were on display throughout September and on Saturday, October 6, members of the public came along to meet the authors and speak to them about their novels.
Authors included: James Agombar, Usha Chudasama, Graham Clingbine, Eithne Cullen, Jane Ulysses Grell, Franca B Lawrence, Irene Nunez Martinez, Nera Hart, Emily Madge Payne and Lorraine Reed.
One author, Sarah Gunn, travelled all the way from France to meet fans and sign copies of her teen fiction books ‘The Wolf’s Tail Part one’ and ‘A Spaceship Adventure’.
You may also want to watch:
The Mayor of Redbridge, Councillord Debbie Kaur-Thiara, also popped in to the event.
Lorraine Reed, who organised the event said: “Having the opportunity to bring a growing community of creative and inspiring authors together, has proven to be one of the most rewarding things I have ever done!
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 4 Waste reduction campaign launches with Redbridge fifth largest rubbish producer in England
- 5 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 6 Wanstead Market set to re-open
- 7 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 8 Music from Jessie J and Olly Murs to feature in new musical in Romford
- 9 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 10 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
“My dad and I organised an Author event at Redbridge central Library through our Facebook groups (‘Writers In The Wood’ and ‘Dr Clingbine’s Readers and Authors group.’)
“It was clear that whatever race, religion or even distance between us, we are all connected by a common passion.
“Our love for the English language, has created strong bonds with people as far away as America and France and as close as Essex and Hertfordshire. Meeting the lovely Mayor of Redbridge ‘Debbie Kaur-Thiara was a true honour. Authors donated many books to the library who in turn supported our event magnificently.
“Thanks go to The Mayor of Redbridge for visiting and talking to us about our books.
“Thanks also go to Rhonda Brooks and all the staff at the library who supported our event, everyone from countries across the globe who donated copies of their books to Redbridge Library, all who came over to meet us and get their signed copies of our books and of course thanks also go to all the authors who attended our event.”