Aspiring entrepreneur from Ilford up for £3,000 prize
- Credit: Archant
A budding entrepreneur from Ilford is in the running for a £3,000 prize.
Anurah Farrell, 25, is one of eight students to be shortlisted for the Edge Challenge, which tasks participants with creating a detailed business plan, which includes financial and marketing strategies.
Anurah, a student at Westminster Kingsway College, came up with the idea of a product which aids in the disposal and replacement of sanitary bins.
He said: “I am so excited to be shortlisted for this prize. I’ve always wanted to be my own boss and winning this competition would really give me the boost to pursue that dream.”
Anurah’s next challenge is to give a pitch to a panel of judges in London. If he passes that round, he and two other competitors will present their ideas at the Skills Show in Birmingham later this month.
You may also want to watch:
Dragons Den entrepreneur Peter Jones said: “Anurah has done a superb job in getting to this stage of the Edge Challenge.
“This competition really demonstrates the talent young people have, not just in thinking up new ideas and products, but in following them through and creating viable businesses.”
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 5 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 6 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 7 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 8 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 9 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 10 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
The winner will take home £3,000 and get six months of mentoring from a leading businessman.