Aspiring entrepreneur from Ilford up for £3,000 prize
- Credit: Archant
A budding entrepreneur from Ilford is in the running for a £3,000 prize.
Anurah Farrell, 25, is one of eight students to be shortlisted for the Edge Challenge, which tasks participants with creating a detailed business plan, which includes financial and marketing strategies.
Anurah, a student at Westminster Kingsway College, came up with the idea of a product which aids in the disposal and replacement of sanitary bins.
He said: “I am so excited to be shortlisted for this prize. I’ve always wanted to be my own boss and winning this competition would really give me the boost to pursue that dream.”
Anurah’s next challenge is to give a pitch to a panel of judges in London. If he passes that round, he and two other competitors will present their ideas at the Skills Show in Birmingham later this month.
You may also want to watch:
Dragons Den entrepreneur Peter Jones said: “Anurah has done a superb job in getting to this stage of the Edge Challenge.
“This competition really demonstrates the talent young people have, not just in thinking up new ideas and products, but in following them through and creating viable businesses.”
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 6 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 7 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 8 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 9 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 10 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
The winner will take home £3,000 and get six months of mentoring from a leading businessman.