Asian gold worth £90,000 taken from Goodmayes home
Two homes in Goodmayes were targeted by burglars who made away with £90,000 worth of Asian gold.
The properties in Goodmayes Lane were burgled between 2.30pm and 11pm on Sunday, and £15,000 cash as well as the gold jewellery was stolen from the first property.
Items taken from the second home included a £3,500 Rodo watch, designer belts and a dark blue Olympus digital camera.
Redbridge Police are appealing for any witnesses or anyone with information to contact DC Fiona Robinson at Ilford Burglary Squad on 0208 345 2680.
Police are advising residents to mark valuables if possible and lock all external doors and windows when you go out.
You may also want to watch:
The double burglary follows a report by the Recorder into the increasing number of Asian gold thefts in Redbridge.
- 1 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 5 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 6 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 7 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 8 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 9 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 10 Man dies after fall near Hainault station