Asian gold worth £90,000 taken from Goodmayes home
Two homes in Goodmayes were targeted by burglars who made away with £90,000 worth of Asian gold.
The properties in Goodmayes Lane were burgled between 2.30pm and 11pm on Sunday, and £15,000 cash as well as the gold jewellery was stolen from the first property.
Items taken from the second home included a £3,500 Rodo watch, designer belts and a dark blue Olympus digital camera.
Redbridge Police are appealing for any witnesses or anyone with information to contact DC Fiona Robinson at Ilford Burglary Squad on 0208 345 2680.
Police are advising residents to mark valuables if possible and lock all external doors and windows when you go out.
You may also want to watch:
The double burglary follows a report by the Recorder into the increasing number of Asian gold thefts in Redbridge.
- 1 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 2 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 New trees to be planted at Fairlop Waters
- 5 Former Met worker sentenced for stealing lost property cash
- 6 Woodford Green pupil reaches final of national science and engineering competition
- 7 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 8 'Beyond my wildest dreams': Redbridge tutor receives MBE
- 9 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 10 Redbridge pupils shortlisted in competition to design Olympic Park pavilion