‘Artistic dilemmas’ subject of new book by Seven Kings reverend
Artistic dilemmas faced by artists and musicians is the theme of a new book by a vicar of a church in Seven Kings.
Jonathan Evens, of St John’s Church, St Johns Road, wrote the book to provide an accessible account of the arts and Christianity.
Mr Evens said: “Our experience of creativity is of disparate and often contradictory ideas being crushed, swirled, fermented, shaken and stirred in our minds in order that the fine wine of creativity results.”
He wrote the book with Peter Banks who is a composer and musician.
“The Secret Chord is an accessible exploration of artistic dilemmas from a range of different perspectives which seeks to draw the reader into a place of appreciation for what makes a moment in a ‘performance’ timeless and special,” Mr Evens said.
You may also want to watch:
The book is available in Kindle edition and more information can be found at www.thesecretchord.co.uk.
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new café in Redbridge
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 6 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 7 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 8 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 9 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 10 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford