‘Artistic dilemmas’ subject of new book by Seven Kings reverend
Artistic dilemmas faced by artists and musicians is the theme of a new book by a vicar of a church in Seven Kings.
Jonathan Evens, of St John’s Church, St Johns Road, wrote the book to provide an accessible account of the arts and Christianity.
Mr Evens said: “Our experience of creativity is of disparate and often contradictory ideas being crushed, swirled, fermented, shaken and stirred in our minds in order that the fine wine of creativity results.”
He wrote the book with Peter Banks who is a composer and musician.
“The Secret Chord is an accessible exploration of artistic dilemmas from a range of different perspectives which seeks to draw the reader into a place of appreciation for what makes a moment in a ‘performance’ timeless and special,” Mr Evens said.
You may also want to watch:
The book is available in Kindle edition and more information can be found at www.thesecretchord.co.uk.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 4 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 5 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 7 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 10 Hainault woman celebrates 100th birthday with mayoral visit