Armed Forces Day celebrated with parade in Ilford Town Centre
- Credit: Archant
Crowds gathered in Ilford Town Centre yesterday to mark national Armed Forces Day celebrated with a parade and the raising of a special flag.
The annual celebration, which fell on Saturday, gives the opportunity for people to show their support of the men and woman who serve, or who have served, in the armed forces.
A ceremony was held in High Road, Ilford yesterday with representatives from the armed, reserve and cadet forces as well we veterans.
The Mayor of Redbridge Cllr Felicity Banks inspected troops outside Redbridge Town Hall and oversaw the raising of the Armed Forces Day flag.
Prayers were given by a priest, rabbi and imam to mark the occasion.
You may also want to watch:
In his prayer, Dr Mohammed Fahim, of the Quran Murkuz Trust, Mulberry Way, South Woodford, said: “Oh Lord, we invoke you to empower out troops to only participate in just wars and support them with your angels and return them safe to their families and their country.”
Did you take part in the parade yesterday? Get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 3 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 4 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 5 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 6 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 7 'Very challenging': Ilford businesses still struggling months after return
- 8 Testing centres set up in race to find donor for girl, 4, with cancer
- 9 'It's disgusting': Goodmayes mum claims family fed mouldy pittas in quarantine hotel
- 10 Union protests outside town hall over ongoing Oaks Park High dispute