Apple, strawberry and even curry popcorn could be at your fingertips this summer thanks to Barkingside businessman
If you find your nostrils twitching to sweet caramel smells this summer, you will probably be close to a new venture called OD Popcorn, which is touring Redbridge.
Barkingside businessman Dan Lion, 39, of Beaminster Gardens, is visiting fairs and festivals with his business partner Oz Oliver.
They will be offering popcorn in a variety of unusual flavours, including apple, curry and piri piri – and sweet and salted of course.
The tasty snacks are produced in an American-style kettle corn drum in front of hungry customers.
Dan said: “You get the corn popping out all over the place and the smell is incredible.”
You may also want to watch:
The business is visiting Wanstead Rugby Club’s fun day in Roding Lane North today, West Hatch High School’s summer festival in High Road, Chigwell, on June 29 and Clore Tikva Primary School in Fulwell Avenue, Barkingside, on July 14.
• Visit www.odpopcorn.com for more information.
- 1 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 5 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 6 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 7 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 8 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 9 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 10 Public in 'parallel universe' to hospitals on Covid measures, meeting told